I thought it might be fun to do my own list of random things that seem completely Vegas Native to me. It was kind of a struggle to come up with this list because I have lived in Las Vegas my entire life and these things seem normal to me. Not having them is what’s weird!!
1. You think not having a slot machine in a grocery or corner store is weird.
2. You say Las Vegas, tourist say VEGAS BABY!!
3. Your first job wasn’t as a stripper and you’ve never worked in a casino…in fact you avoid them except to see a movie.
4. When it rains you run outside and begin jumping at splashing or standing on the porch with family mesmerized by the water failing from the sky.
5. You know what a sports book is but not a sports home team 🙂
6. “Last call” is only something you’ve heard in the movies.
7. School field trips usually involved an attraction at a strip casino.
8. You always got Halloween off because it was also Nevada Day!
9. You don’t understand that 24 hour everything is a Las Vegas thing.
10. And finally……People will never understand just how hot summer is in Las Vegas. Granted we don’t have humidity all the time but we suffer…..trust me!