Chasing Icon, the world’s slickest art thief, was the most seductive thrill of London art investigator Zara Leighton’s career…until the clues led her to the man who holds command of her body and heart, Tobias Wilder, an American billionaire with charisma to spare. Her duty to capture him is complicated by the intensity of their passion. Her will to end their connection is tinted with red-hot need to never let him go.
Tobias’s heists are about more than money and ego. His plot to orchestrate the perfect deception in Los Angeles is destiny. No one—not even Zara—knows the depths of his motivation. And no one suspects the truth behind a single artifact that holds the secrets to an entire civilization. Forced to deny one calling to satisfy another, he knows something must be sacrificed: his code of honor or his loyalty to Zara.
I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
**POSSIBLE SPOILERS** Please read book one before continuing. I really try to never give spoilers but the review in itself is a spoiler being that its book two. Continue reading “#BookReview: The Game by Vanessa Fewings (Book 2, ICON series)”
Has there ever been someone in your past or maybe someone in your current life that makes you experience emotion beyond reason?
For example, the sound of their voice or the statements they make cause instance anger, frustration or fury?
Are you able to get past it or are you currently in the middle of it and have no escape from these emotions? Continue reading “Who Has the Power?”
Have people always taken everything so personal?
Is this really a 21st century mentality?
I’ve noticed more and more than conversation and debate with people who think differently from you is becoming nearly impossible. When you get deep into the topic and become passionate people are quick to assume that passion is directed at them and not at the topic at hand.
I’m guilty of it myself. There are times I start to feel that the person I’m interacting with has turned the conversation into a personal attack.
The topic is dropped and the focus becomes changing my mind. Not broadening my view but making me understand that my views are wrong and that I need to change them.
In this, I hope I am not guilty. I never set out to change other people’s beliefs, values or ideals. I simply want to provide more knowledge. I believe that we can only grow and evolve through experience and shared knowledge.
In order to understand and respect others we all need to be able to listen. More often than not we hear words but are so busy waiting to respond we fail to acknowledge others.
I know I’m getting pretty deep but that’s where I’m at lately. I’m inside my head most the day, thinking and looking for ways to grow. Once I’m home I’m interacting with my daughter and hoping that I’m instilling positive qualities in her, despite the fact that she’s a year old and just wants to play.
I’m done with being meek around those who make me uncomfortable, I’m turning the tables. I will no longer be intimated by people who want to bully me into their ideals. I will assert my power and knowledge.
I love to read obviously lol and love to review but life is making that easier said than done. I wanted you all to know I haven’t forgotten about you. Here’s my list of what I’m reading and what is coming next!!
- (Jenna’s) Gang of Deadheads by Paul Atreides – I’m planning to review this actually and am really enjoying it so far!
- The Submissive Series by Tara Sue Me – There are 5 books and these are strictly for fun! I need books like these to help clear my mind sometimes.
I can usually read 3-4 books at a time but I just don’t literally have the time at this point.
To Be Read
- Bonds of Blood Spirit Saga by Wendi Kelly & Deborah Dorchak – This is a series I will be reviewing as well. It’s a paranormal series which is right up my alley!! I’m excited and can’t wait to start it!
- Merlin’s Chosen Series by Victoria Akaer – Yet another I’ll be reviewing. This is a local Las Vegas author and I can’t tell you how happy that makes me. It’s always an added bonus for me when an author is from my hometown 🙂
- Richard’s Reign by Vanessa Fewings – This is the 6th book/novella in the Enthrall series, I didn’t get a chance to be a part of the blog tour for Cameron’s Contract (Book 5) but I will be buying that in the new few weeks and reviewing that as well. Truly one of my favorite series! Expect the review for Richard’s Reign in October as part of a book tour!
After that I have at least 9 more books waiting for me on NetGalley and look forward to sharing those with you as well. I’lk keep you all up to date on my progress and hope that my reviews will inspire you to read each book/series.
(photo courtesy of www.buzzquotes.com)